![]() |
| Trevor, N, & J: Just before heading out the door for Church today {01.20.13} |
On Sunday mornings, our house is in a flurry of feeding, cleaning, dressing, changing, re-dressing, prepping, winterizing, and getting out the door to Church!
With three kids at needy ages, it can definitely be overwhelming. Trevor does A LOT of the work on Sunday mornings (even letting me sleep in a bit!), which is such a sweet Sabbath gift.
Since we have three congregations that meet in our building, we rotate every year between schedules: 9am, 11am, & 1pm start times. Trevor's favorite is 9am. My favorite is 11am (no surprise, right?).
Guess what we have this year?
The 1pm time block.
With the change in schedule, we have to make important alterations to our mornings to ensure our success, and we're learning as we go. For example: a quick, not-messy lunch 30 min before we leave, having several Sunday-appropriate activities/entertainment available in the morning (the 1pm time means we can watch Music and the Spoken word--live stream from Mormon Channel--love!), and listening to worshipful music as we go through the morning.
Every week brings different challenges, but we are three Sundays into the new year and I'm hopeful we will figure out an efficient routine for our mornings. I do love the extra time together in the mornings. I have to say I also miss our afternoon naps. I'm still figuring out the best solutions for quiet reverence during the meetings, since they are during nap time but I'm confident we'll figure it out.
Change is good--we stretch and grow (and learn patience!).
Also? It's just a year.
(Repeat 3 times)
Most of all? It's totally worth it.
Being at Church together as a family
--no matter how crazy it feels--
is exactly where we are supposed to be.
Even in -10° weather
which was the 'feels like' temperature
when those scarf-wearing cuties {pictured above}
walked out the door at noon-thirty today.

No comments:
Post a Comment