11.07.2011

Halloween Post

I am one of those who dreams of all the cuteness
that comes with a family themed, homemade group of Halloween costumes.However, this year...
I am not one of those with  much energy, time, or will 
to make that happen.

So, about a month ago we headed to our local thrift store, had a spending limit in mind and found our Halloween 2011 costumes! I was thrilled to find these great deals and to see the pure joy on J's face when he realized...he would be Thomas the Train.

N the feisty fire fighter, J as Thomas the Train. 10.31.2011
We have always enjoyed "trunk or treat" at Church, but this year we didn't have one to attend, so we weren't sure if we would go trick-or-treating or not (J still didn't know about they hype). 

Halloween morning, we costumed up and went to the library for Halloween story time. It was fun to get out and see the boys in their costumes. We met friends there so we enjoyed time with them as well. I thought maybe that would be it for our Halloween fun.

Then, we were invited to join some friends in their nearby neighborhood & decided that this year would in fact be our FIRST trick-or-treating experience! I put on a leopard print shirt last minute & painted my face before we headed out the door...

Halloween Costumes. 10.31.2011
 Honestly, it was SO MUCH FUN.

Going as a group was fantastic. The group consisted of three families that included two little ones in the stroller, TWO Thomases, and two princesses.

The trick-or-treating crew. 10.31.2011
J had the most fun of all...
perfecting his requesting & thanking skills. 

Thomas The Train x 2
I wrote another little tidbit about our night on my Me-Blog-------HERE, if you're interested.


I'm doing NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month--which means I'm posting to my blog EVERY SINGLE DAY during November)