Back to the updates...
...so we got here, got our keys, and enjoyed a weekend without all of our JUNK
The day our stuff arrived: UNLOADING DAY
was one wild day.
I think I mentioned it before...115 heat index ring a bell?
Thankfully, a new friend from Church offered to watch the boys so we could pay full attention to the sweat dripping off our faces and the boxes coming into our new house.
The stuff junk household valuables weighed 12,000 lbs
and took about 7 hours to unload (2 unloaders + the driver)
Graebel Van Lines did a great job
It was just miserably hot...we kept them stocked with ice water & ordered pizza for lunchity lunch.
It rained right after they finished, we signed our paperwork, and the big truck drove away. And there we were, left with mountains of boxes...where to begin?
Thankfully, our A/C was in good working condition and within the week we had most of the important/inside things unpacked and in a spot.
We tried to take time to play in between it all...which wasn't easy. We went on some walks, did some shopping, tried to familiarize ourselves with the area. Trevor had to do some home-office work the 2nd week we were here, and then his first trip was just around the corner.Before he left, he did SO much...deep cleaning, organizing, moving, arranging...and probably his favorite chore: MOWING.
We watched from the upstairs deck:
...and enjoyed some pool time to cool off!
(This pool was generously given to us by some new friends at Church--it is AWESOME)
Those first two weeks were whirlwind, but it was so nice to be together, all four of us!
2 comments:
I love your updates! You've had such a crazy summer!
The pictures aren't showing up on this post for me. Anyone else?
I couldn't see the pics for this one but I bet they were good!
Post a Comment