J asking for MORE--where MORE means MORE FOOD NOW. Isn't he so cute?
There was a lady on the plane that saw him signing & started signing to him. I explained that he only knew one sign. She didn't seem impressed--but I sure am! He learned (with great diligence on the part of the teachers) in two days!
We'll be working on the "please" and "thank you" next. :)
Do you know where this is going?
APPLE FEST 2009
These are the yummy apple treats that were made* & enjoyed:
- dried apple slices
- apple sauce
- apple 'fruit roll-up'
- apple juice
- apple cider
- apple crisp
- apple muffins
- apple pie
*Apple deliciousness made by my talented & culinarily gifted brother Joe.
Below are a few photo evidences of the apple fest. Note the toddler testing the strength of the box of apples.
As we all know...no apple fest is complete without a CHEESE tasting--right?
Straight from America's Dairyland
(Wisconsin)
We devoured the cheddar goodness alongside homemade wheat thins.
Yes, you heard me.
Homemade wheat thins.
Jen made 'em.
YUM.
YUM.


4 comments:
WoW! Home made wheat thins?! I've never heard of anyone ever making those. So did you get the recipe??? Not that I'll be trying them, you know what wheat does to me, but it would be cool to try and make for the boys. Also, I was wondering if you had the recipes for apple leather and cider??? I would LOVE a good recipe for cider. Maybe you should suggest to your bro and sister in law that they should start a recipe blog. I'll follow it!
Steph:
I know, right? Home made wheat thins. I did not get the recipe (I was starting to get my cold that day & was kind of out of it), but I will for sure. It looked pretty easy!
The cider is just boiled apples (cored, peeled, cut)--the juice leftover is the cider (for more red cider, leave some of the peels on)--you can then add sugar or honey to your liking (or spices as well).
Leather was just the applesauce spread thin onto ceran wrap in their dehydrator. Not sure how to do it w/out the dehydrator but they were so good!
1.wheat thins-mix 1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 c. white flour in a large bowl.
2.In a blender, mix 1/3 cup oil, 3/4 t. salt and 1 cup water.
3.Add liquid mix to dry mix, mixing well but as little as possible.
4.Roll as thin as possible on unoiled cookie sheet..not more than 1/8 inch thick.
5.Mark with knife for size desired, but do not cut through. Sprinkle lightly with salt or onion salt.
6.Bake at 3:50 until crisp and light brown, about 30 minutes.
At least this is the one I have!
whoa. home made wheat thins! i gotta try this!
And please tell me how to make the dried apple slices.
Post a Comment