Yesterday!
Paint projects
{prints, finger paintings, mixing colors,
& Pippi Longstocking hair}
Pattern projects
{counting, measuring size, following patterns,
continuing patterns, & snacking}
First December Snow
{big flakes, fast flakes, about an inch, shoveling in the dark,
more to come this week...}
And...it was time for these two
to exit their garage holding place:
| Seriously--all of our Christmas decor & extras fit in these two bins. |
We have thoroughly enjoyed our Thanksgiving tree this year, and wrote down almost every day our little thankful list. I am sure this tradition will grow and develop over the years--it is such a great way to add purpose and thought to the fleeting and beautiful month of November.
Last week was full of thankful thoughts, feasting, and illness in our home. More on that over on my me-blog--Why I didn't Post Yesterday, Low Cal Consumption on Thanskgiving, & When Things Don't Go As Planned. Basically--the kids got sick, then I got sick--they got better, I didn't. Well...we're still working towards that 100%.
So, we turned up our Christmas tunes (thank you, Pandora), & unloaded the festive boxes onto the kitchen table. It's always a mess before it can be organized, isn't it?
We decked the halls
{the kids love all of the little things and are excited to see things they remember from last year}
We placed the nativities
{kitchen, living room x2, parents room, boys room, girls room}
We dressed the tree
{the best part!}
And here you have it:
Welcome, December!











3 comments:
I love the framed photos in the tree with the large ornaments. Looks nice and good reminders!
Thanks, Katie! I'd seen this before but never done it on one of our trees before. It was not the original plan but kind of morphed into it after Trevor jokingly put a framed family pic on the tree--I remembered some cheap frames I recently bought plus some Greg Olson prints I had been saving...VWA LA. I kind of love it.
Also love the pics of the Savior!
Post a Comment