When J & I were running errands on Monday,
we saw that sleds & such were on sale for 50% off. I found these great plastic disks for $2.98 and thought that was the perfect price to upgrade our sled collection.
As soon as Trevor was clocked out of work for the day, we bundled up in gloves, hats, scarves, coats, & extra pairs of socks. We drove down to the park just a couple of blocks away & we found our perfect little sledding spot.
We climbed to the top and our adventure began! J and N were both SO brave to go down by themselves before anyone else even tried it! As the wet/icy snow got pushed down with every sled trip, we carved out an awesome little luge for ourselves.
Miss N wasn't too interested in sledding. She was bundled up, though and stayed warm in her watching perch in the van (which was parked directly below our sledding slope). No one else was at the park--the hills of white were all for us!
We stayed as long as everyone was happy (about an hour) and only had two falls (on the layers of ice at the bottom near the ice rink) but mostly we laughed our way down the side of the hill--the conditions were perfect and we had a blast! We kept saying "one more time!" and running back up the layers of snow.
Our first ever sledding adventure in Minnesota!
The last time we went sledding was in Illinois when J was about N's age & N was a baby.
Here's a short clip--Trevor & J:
We're excited to hit the slopes again soon!







3 comments:
So much fun! I'm trying really hard not to be envious!
Fun! We haven't been sledding. I don't think I've gone for years! I hope we have another snow dump so we can take Owen this year. :)
that looks like great fun! glad you took those pictures!
Post a Comment