2.06.2013

February is for lovers...

...of projects!

 Last weekend Trevor put in the last of the closet door replacements--taking out the old, dark brown doors (original 1974) and installing new, white ones. Already installed over the last few months: closet in Miss N's room, J's room, and the larger hallway closet. 

Here he is finishing up the hallway with the small closet & views of our bedroom with the large bi-fold closet doors.
02.09.13

The difference is amazing--
everything seems more open, brighter, and cleaner. We love it! 
Next up will be to finish out the trim...
(and I need to blog about the many other projects we've done over the last 6 months!)


J worked on some projects with the leftover cardboard from some of the doors:



After being asked 538 times how many days until Valentine's Day, I decided it was time for a paper countdown chain! So...we started a new project with paper, scissors, and numbers:

The papers got turned into trumpets, hats, and trains...but we finally did get our paper chain finished & hanging up near the "Valentimes Tree"


And just today...I started my own little project. 
This is so unlike me--but I actually went to Home Depot, purchased paint, set it all up, and painted something. Since Trevor is always willing to do those kinds of projects, I just let him do them (and he is so much more skilled than I am--he is amazing!). Since this was low-risk...I went for it. I picked out a bright yellow color called "peach butter". 

I painted the shelves that go in the small hallway closet (that received a new door last Saturday and the interior was painted grey by Trevor that day as well). Trevor has no idea and I can't wait to surprise him, but mostly I'm excited about the fun pop of color in that little hallway closet!


I did the project in the laundry room with the boys watching from their designated perches at the doorway. They were so impressed--they've only ever seen Daddy do painting projects, and he does them often so it's "his thing" in their minds...and, let's face it, in my mind too! 

When I finished the shelves to dry, I had a bit left. On a whim & feeling very spontaneous, I painted a little love note in a corner and "laundry" label on the sheet rock walls. I figured...I have the paint out and obviously we're going to re-paint that room at some point anyway...right?



Another project finished today...
the rest of January's posts on the blog! 
Scroll down to see more...


5 comments:

Miles said...

So fun! I love seeing your house projects and hope you'll post more about the others, for sure! I'm thinking the yellow "laundry" and "i <3 u" should totally stay! I also love what a difference fresh trim and doors can make. I can tell you're loving your new house!

JNew said...

There is NOTHING more fun than a huge cardboard box!

Love the bright yellow shelves!

Sarah H said...

Love your project! Your kids are adorable!

Kendra said...

I want to see the closet finished product. And does Trevor not read your blog? Cause that would ruin the surprise... ;) Laatly, do you guys want to come out here and help us do projects at our new home if it goes through? ;)

Sharalea said...

Funny thing...Trevor RARELY checks the blog without my prompting. HOWEVER...he does have a lot of time to kill today waiting for his flight home...so...he might just see this! :/
HOPE NOT!