Our biggest snow so far was in mid-December, but we've had a few snow showers since then that have kept our piles stacked high and our driveway needing shoveled about once/week or so.
Fresh blankets of snow are perfect for cold January days--they offer a beautiful scene & new fluff to play in and cover up the old dirty snow. We love it!
The boys & I have had fun playing in the snow in our driveway
The swingset turned into a winter wonderplayland for J
N had fun shoveling the snow and staying where he didn't sink too far in the inches of cold snow. It was fun to see him in the snow suit that J wore when we lived in Wisconsin.We got out the little green sled and pulled each other around...they especially enjoyed pulling each other.
After our fun in the snow, we came inside and warmed up with hot chocolate and cozy socks! Since we've been sick a lot of January (so far), we haven't been out very much. Plus the temperatures have stayed pretty low (the lowest so far was -10). We like to stay inside on really cold days :)
Minnesotans, though--they are hearty folks! I've seen people hiking, walking, jogging, snow shoeing, snow skiing, and ice skating outside...even on VERY cold days! The other day it was less than 10 degrees and I saw a guy who appeared to be in his 50's...jogging! Outside! On our street!
Even the children still play outside at the school playgrounds. I found out that the policy is that they can go outside to play unless the temperature is BELOW ZERO. That means in 5 degrees, the kids would still be outside running around in their wintry gear. Wow.
I think I'll stay inside with my hot chocolate when it is 5 degrees. My blood hasn't thickened up quite yet...!





No comments:
Post a Comment