Like much of the rest of the country,
we have unseasonably warm temperatures this week
(I feel like I've been saying that all winter)
Feels like spring,
looks like spring...
let's call it SPRING!
Last weekend we brought home our very first
very big outdoor purchase
(besides the grill Trevor got for our anniversary almost 2 years ago)
I found this wooden swing set on craigslist and with the help of generous friends
(offering a truck, a trailer, and time/energy)
it arrived in it's new yard on Saturday.
\
The little yellow toddler slide (bottom left on the photo above)is the one we found on the side of the road with a "FREE" sign last summer. It works great for N, but we were ready for an upgrade!
Today was the first day that we've spent
QUALITY time on our new (to us) swing set...
![]() |
| J was so animated with his PURE JOY. He also wore his fireman hat most of the day. 03.13.2012 |
And it was awesome.
J announced to every passerby
(and we have a LOT, there is a walking trail that passes right by our fence)
"Hey!! Hey!! Look! I have a new swing set!"
N had fun in the baby swing, down the slides...
and most of all, in the car he 'pedaled' around the yard:
![]() |
| N is big enough this year to really enjoy this outdoor car toy! 03.13.2012 |
![]() |
| Brothers. 03.13.2012 |
Miss N hung out in the ergo carrier for our early afternoon fun. For our after-nap outside play, she stayed inside & watched through the glass doors.
I enjoyed it every bit as much as the kids. THIS is why we've wanted a yard so badly! The swing set adds the magic that the yard needed.
Also? I received my first sunburn of the year. *ouch*




1 comment:
Yay for swingsets and good weather! Did the passers-by share in J's excitement?
Post a Comment