We rang in the new year with
Swedish non-alcoholic Glogg drink,
("alkoholfri" according to the label)
homemade mini-scones doused in maple butter,
&
snow cream (Paula Dean's recipe...sweetened condensed milk).
The boys were asleep,
we were swaying to Nora Jones
as the fluffy flakes fell from the sky onto the bare grass...
(finally! some snow!)
...the perfect combination for pondering
resolutions for the new year.
It was probably as low key as it gets
for New Years Eve
and that's just how we like it.
![]() |
| New Years Eve 12/31/2011 |
New Years Day came quickly
(who am I kidding? every morning comes quickly...we have a newborn in the house!)
can it really be 2012?
![]() |
| Tired from all the New Year partying (ha!) Jan 1st 2012 |
And the NEW YEAR brings new experiences for all of us.
For J...the new year means PRIMARY!
Sunday was his first day as a BIG KID in Primary.
Grandmama went to opening exercises with him but then he went to class on his own. He was hesitant that morning, but by the evening he was saying "I love Primary!"
![]() |
| J's first Sunday in Primary. Note the "C T R" cookies. This year the theme is CHOOSE THE RIGHT! |
N has plenty of big things planned for the New Year as well...
we just don't understand what he's saying yet.
![]() |
| N enjoying the first two days of 2012...& with Granddaddy! |
Since we got some snow on New Years Eve
(2-3 inches...I'll take it!),
we decided we needed to play in the stuff before it melts away
(and before Grandmama & Granddaddy head Southward tomorrow!)
...
we pulled out the boots, mittens, wagon, & sled
and ignored the fact that the windchill was in the single digits!
J was so excited...
he loved every second of the frozen fun!
![]() |
| J in the snow. 01/02/12 |
N refused to stay inside,
so we bundled him up and joined the party outside!
![]() |
| N in the snow. 01/02/12 |
![]() |
| Grandmama & the cuddly N Bear. 01/02/12 |
What a great way to start the new year, and finally some snow to play in with Granddaddy--just 1 day before they leave us!
| Daddy & boys. Snow play. 01/02/12 |
Side Note: I can't believe it's already January. I have NO recollection of what happened to December...it's a bit fuzzy in my mind. Also, I have no idea how I am going to DO THIS THING when the grandparents leave tomorrow. Anyone want to come be our live-in Nanny? We will pay in homemade chocolate chip cookies.








5 comments:
Happy New Year! I am slightly jealous of your snow. Also what is the swedish drink? I am intrigued...
Happy New Year across the lake! :) I'm sure we'll all get more snow in the next few months, right?
The Swedish drink is a non-alcoholic holiday fruit flavored coctail drink. The bottle said it should have been heated--we thought it should be added to orange juice for a delicious wassail...but we drank it cold in our glasses. Lots of clove flavor...
Got it at IKEA.
I think because I'm a midwestern girl, I'm looking at all that beautiful snow and I'm kinda jealous! We usually have some by now but we've had maybe 1 inch the whole season. Booo! The kids keep asking me when we can build a snowman. I tell them you better pray for snow!
Jayden started Primary yesterday too! Crazy our little boys are that old. It's been a LONG while since I didn't have a kid in nursery! ha
Happy New Year! Love the updates/pictures...I don't know how you keep up with it all! :)
So glad we got our snow day..it was beautiful falling on New Year's Eve! What a relaxing evening, too. I didn't miss Times Square one bit!
Post a Comment