9.19.2011

Mama-J Day-Dates

J & I are getting our groove back.

You know...figuring out our new routine after the big move, changing houses, changing friends, and the huge change of Daddy's work schedule.

We have started having time for JUST US.
Me & J. Day-Dates

We have coordinated our special time out with N's naps,
which works swimmingly well when Daddy is working in his home office 
(which at this point, should be at least once/week).

The first time we went on a nature walk
which was so much fun just to chat, learn, and really listen to every word he said.
I forgot about that full-one-on-one attention we enjoyed when he was the only babe in the house.

I think it's important, so we're going to make this a regular thing.

The second time we went grocery shopping.
We went to a local store that has pre-school-size shopping carts (!!)
I told J what we needed to get and then we would go find it.
He would count how many on the shelf and add the number we needed to the cart,
and then we would head down another isle. 

It was so much fun. I don't know who had more fun...me or him!

And last week we went to the zoo!
No big bags, no strollers, no extras. Just the two of us.

We walked around & saw whatever he wanted to see, 
on no particular time schedule.

It was awesome.

Our favorites for the day were the penguins, flamingoes, star fish, and the monkeys.
Mom & J at the zoo! 09.2011

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Good for you. That's so good that you are giving Jackson his own personal time. Especially before the princess arrives and no one is going to get much time. ;) You're a good mama!