26 weeks--
right here, baby!
This pregnancy is going well. I think I am feeling a few more aches and pains at this point--earlier than I remember with the boys but that's probably because physically I am DOING more on a daily basis than I did with either of my previous pregnancies.
My complaints are just normal--swollen ankles (my fault! need to drink more water!!), achey back (of course...), tired (what? why?), and heartburn (hate). Overall, it's really been great and I feel like complaining is just silly. I feel blessed to have easy going, low-risk pregnancies and to be able to grow our family.
| 26 weeks baby bump, baby #3. Sept 2011 |
I thought this was a fun photo because it shows me holding our 3 year old in my arms, our 1 year old on my back, and our baby girl nestled perfectly in utero.
Check out that smile on my face...I've got no clue what's ahead!
hahaha
| Mama Bear & Babies. Sept. 2011 |
He is an OB, and his practice is located in Wisconsin (so this baby will be born in WI!), but it's only a 30 minute drive from our place. He has an awesome staff and works with a very progressive, vbac-friendly hospital. Even after two c-sections. I can't stress enough how rare this is to find.
Thankfully, the Twin Cities area is a VERY mother-centered/natural birth-friendly area of the country. There are a LOT of homebirthers here, more doula options than I've ever had in an area, and lots of great support groups.
I am not sure how this baby will be born (another c-section or a vaginal-birth-after-c-section), but I know I have an amazing team to work with. We have some decisions to make over the next few months, but the doctor is completely supportive of either option (as long as mother & baby are fine, of course). I feel so much more relaxed knowing I have that support for this birth.
So far I've only had our initial consultation and our ultrasound visit--and guess who did the ultrasound??
THE DOCTOR.
I tell you what. The guy is just awesome. He said he likes to do the '20 week ultrasounds' (had ours later since we were moving/finding new provider) himself so he can see how things are going & have a consult as he's doing the ultrasound. AWESOME.
| Baby girl. 25 weeks. Fantastic little heartbeat. 09.02.11 |
So...everything is looking good!
| Little foot @ 25 wks. 09.02.11 |
We didn't get any really clear images of her little face because she was cuddling her face up to the placenta & umbilical cord...but this is what we got:
| 25 wks. Baby girl. 09.02.11 |
Isn't she the most beautiful baby girl ever?
(Just kidding. I know no one can appreciate these ultrasound images like a parent.)
Side note: I'm now almost 27 weeks...third trimester, here I come!

2 comments:
You are looking so great! It's a challenge to have two babies so close, but it's definitely fun in the end. My kids are such great friends (we have a 15 month break and a 20 month break). Good luck attempting the vbac!
I feel the same way about my baby's ultrasound pictures- I think they are so cute!!!
You look incredible!! Third trimester??? How did it come so fast? That means I'll be a couple weeks behind you. :)
I think it's awesome you doctor is supportive of the way you want the baby born. I know you will make the best decision for you and baby.
Post a Comment