4.15.2011

Week In Projects

Project A: Baby Shower Cake

The first fondant baby I've ever made...
(and first baby girl I've ever made...fondant or otherwise...just sayin')
&
The first time I've used chocolate molding clay--it was easier than I thought it would be & very easy to mold (her blanket & the brown stripes are made from the chocolate).



Project B: Newborn Shoot

My first newborn shoot was this morning, it was so much fun! I've been dying to get some photography practice with sweet, sleepy newborns!!

It was extra special since I just did Mama's maternity shoot a few weeks ago...
Project C: Potty Training Toddler

I'm happy to announce that Project No Diaper is (or seems to be!) complete. We have dry undies in the morning & throughout the day. The sticker chart on the fridge is filling up, special prizes are given for using the potty away from home (still have a bit of a struggle with the public restroom scene), and we have been accident free for 2 weeks now!

Project D: Keeping Baby Happy

Not always an easy project...this little guy loves to crawl around, but only when he decides the effort is worth it. The rest of the time he likes to cuddle, rock, be held, and eat. EAT. EAT!!


Besides the above-mentioned projects, I've also been busy finishing a couple of classes online (photog & writing), trying to keep my house in order & balancing all of the IN-BETWEENS. I'm learning how to say "NO" and trying to find ways to use my time more wisely.

And as I am typing this I just realized with all of the busy-ness of this week, I completely forgot to post Thankful Thursday on my Sharalea blog.

BAH!
Well let me just say it right now.



I am thankful!
For projects, for busy weeks, for quiet weeks, for sweet babies, for a great husband, and for the insight and direction that I receive from Above.
Blessed. Yes I feel it.

2 comments:

Janice said...

You are amazing- cake decorating, photography, kids, house, church stuff, etc...Do you have more hours in your day than me???
Love the cake and your adorable boys!

Amy and the boys said...

Yay for no diapers!! That cake looks AMAZING. That is some TALENT!