1.29.2011

I Got My Apron Out This Morning

In the last few weeks I have enjoyed a few cake decorating conversations with family & friends. The conversations reminded me that my cake decorating hobby was a big part of last year's adventures and I miss doing it! I decided to look for opportunities to use my boxes of supplies & practice what I had learned.

A day or two later my friend mentioned her son's birthday party...BINGO! I offered to make the cake for the party & asked what he was into...guess what she said?

TOY STORY

2 layers of yellow cake
{4 cake mixes, no I did not make from-scratch cakes}

covered in vanilla flavored buttercream frosting
chocolate in between the two layers
{yes, the frosting is homemade--can't beat homemade frosting!}

Edible embellishments & a few non-edible ones as well...

I couldn't find the extras I was looking for so I used a package of Toy Story stickers to really make it all come together {& cover up unsightly frosting blemishes: HA!}--slapped them on colorful cardstock, laminated, & vwa la!

I spent this morning baking, mixing, designing, & frosting.
{Should have done it last night, but that's the procrastinator in me winning the duel}

And, I had a blast!
{Also made notes of what kind of kitchen I want when we buy a house, & had several moments of silence in memory of my Wisconsin kitchen counters...oh I miss them!}




Special thanks to: Trevor my loving husband who wrestled the toddler & carried the baby around (& later helped me clean up the mess), Bradan for having a birthday & giving me a reason to break out the cake decorating boxes, & Mom for always encouraging me to keep up the cake decorating! :)

4 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

very very cute! Nice (no...awesome!) job!!! I think I could just eat a big bowl of the frosting. yum.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I want to eat it right this second. Great job! I love the feeling that comes with creating. Best thing in the world.

Thanks for sharing our link. It helps create more traffic and more donations! THANK YOU.

Shannon said...

Love it! :)

Jolie said...

That cake is spectacular!! It truly is. You have such talent. Right down the littlest detail. It all ties together so well. Love the "font" styles you used! I know that's not right when you're talking about a cake, but you get the idea! ;-)