She cruised through a few recipes and decided that THIS ONE was the one we would be using. Martha Stewart, of course. She has a nice little section just for marshmallow recipes. Check it out for some really fun ideas.
The recipe we chose is called "Candy Cane Marshmallows"--but no candy canes are needed. Just peppermint extract, sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, egg whites, and food coloring.
The recipe does look a bit daunting, only because there are several things going on at once. After making our first batch, we were thrilled at the results!
It was a fantastic project that turned out even better than they look.
Note: Things we did differently the second time: use a pan with a handle to hold the gelatin-water mixture over the pot of boiling water AND use a 9x13 pan instead of 8x8--thus increasing the # of marshmallows with the colorful swirls.
These sweet treats are DELICIOUS.
I mean, melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Just ask anyone who came to our party.
Seriously. YUM.
Your holiday challenge, if you decide to take it, is to
MAKE SOME MARSHMALLOWS
And then gobble them up.
Gobble.Gobble.Gobble.
**I can't post this without mentioning our first and last cat, "Marshmellow" who was white & fluffy, deaf, and loved all things pepperminty. We love you, M'lo.**
MAKE SOME MARSHMALLOWS
And then gobble them up.
Gobble.Gobble.Gobble.
**I can't post this without mentioning our first and last cat, "Marshmellow" who was white & fluffy, deaf, and loved all things pepperminty. We love you, M'lo.**
6 comments:
Oh, YUM! I must make now. Thanks for the idea!
What a sweet tribute to our marshmallow making experience. Excuse me while I go make some more...
What a sweet tribute to our marshmallow making experience. Excuse me while I go make some more...
maybe you and Jen can whip us up some this Christmas? now that you both are experts! pretty, too~!
that looks so good. i forgot about your cat. a cat who liked peppermint. thats awesome!
Aw...Marshy! I'm sure he misses you, amongst his time spent ruling his new house and bossing around the doggies :)
Post a Comment