
I can't even tell you how excited I was when the clock ticked over to 5:30 and my nurse came to help me get *all fixed up* for a fancy wheelchair ride to the hospital nursery
(wherein 'get all fixed up' includes a catheter and an IV, and figuring out actually clothes in and around it all).
I don't know how to describe that feeling you have when you look into your child's eyes for the first time...magical? time-stopping? perfection? spiritual?
Or perhaps an awe-inspiring combination of all four?
It was AWESOME to hold him, talk to him, cuddle him, kiss him, and tell him how much I love him!

He has little marks on his cheeks from where the oxygen tubes were taped down, and he is still hooked up to the IV:

His little heals were pricked lots of times this morning for various tests:

Thankfully, he's got the oxygen balance figured out--now they are just monitoring his blood sugar as they feed him less through the IV and I feed him more through...me. I got to nurse him for 20 minutes, and get to go back in 3 more hours to do it again! I can't wait!!
We are so excited to have you in our family, Nathanael Spencer!
AND.
The question of the day: "what color is Baby N's hair!?!"
You decide:

Brown? Dirty blonde? Auburn?
We've had all of these descriptions given by nurses when we ask what color they think it is. It's not dark, but not super light either. I will have to see it in the sunlight to more accurately describe his hair color...afterwhich it will all fall out & we'll start over again! HA.
16 comments:
Congratualtions Shara!! He is darling and oober cuddly! So good to see you are doing ok and your recovery goes well. Have fun with your new family addition!
He looks adorable! I'm so glad he is getting better so quick. Can't wait to meet the little guy! I hope Jackson is excited to be a big brother now that the baby is finally out of the belly. I can't really tell what color his hair is. It looks like it's some kind of light brown, but maybe it will change. Congrats to you both! I hope you have a quick recovery and get home soon!
Oh he is just so cute I wish I was there snuggling him! I'm so happy both of you are doing well and just enjoy every little moment you get with your new little man...I'm sure Jackson can't wait to meet his baby brother...I can't wait to see pictures of that! All our love
Oh man Shara, he is SO SO SO cute!! (And super squishy! I'd love to get my hands on those thighs!)
I'm sorry to to hear that the VBAC didn't work out, but like it's been mentioned before, you did ALL that you could have possibly done to make it work. I'm just glad to hear you and him are here and healthy!
Thanks for keeping us informed at an incredible record! We love you guys!
So glad he is here and you are doing well AND you have gotten to hold him! Bless you Shara for all you have been through!!
p.s. He is so very cute and precious!
Yay! Congrats! I saw your FB post and had to get on here. I can't believe all the pictures you have posted ALREADY!! He is adorable. This post made me teary eyed, really. That is such a special moment and even more so when you've been deprived of holding your child for so long. You will enjoy all of this so much. Hope you are healing well. Thinking of you all! Congrats again!!
Looks to me he is worth whatever it took to get him here! I love the pic of him over Trevor's shoulder AND the one of you kissing him...both of you plugged up to stuff. time for bed. Get some rest!
i don't know for sure what color it is, but for sure he's got a lot of it! congrats shara!!!!!!
He is beautiful! Glad you finally got to meet him, hold him, kiss and snuggle him. It makes the wait totally worth it.
Can't wait to hear more and dying to see pics of Jackson meeting his little brother.
Hugs to all of you!
I was also surprised at how quickly you introduced us to Baby N. Talk about Fast!
Sorry that things didn't go as planned for your VBAC. It is definitely hard work. Looking at those pictures, I see such a strong feature resemblance to J. We're really looking forward to Christmas to see your boys again!
Thank you all for your love and support! I am working on recovering as thoroughly as possible, hoping we can all go home tomorrow.
Baby N is still confined to the nursery, but I get to go in about every 3 hours to nurse him so we are getting some good quality cuddles in a little at a time. I can't wait to be able to hold him full-time!
Jackson probably won't meet him until we are home--while he is in the nursery,no one else can go in and hold/see him.
The ONLY reason I've been able to post and update facebook is because I don't have my baby & I'm stuck in my hospital room! I have been walking around more since last night so that's given me something extra to do...I am trying to rest but I'm so pumped up on meds it's hard to relax sometimes...so THAT's why all the pics so fast & frequently :)
Of course, getting everyone's reactions/responses/comments has made us feel so loved and cared for--it has made a huge difference for us, given the unexpected challenges of labor, delivery, and recovery.
THANK YOU ALL!
Shara I just love the pictures. You look so great and baby Nathan is adorable! Soon you guys will all be home as a family, won't that be great!
Great job with everything. So proud of you and happy you can hold your little angel.
Oh Shara... he is just BEAUTIFUL! And huge!!! I am so glad he is here and healthy and well and I hope your recovery is super speedy too. I can't wait to talk to you more. You look beautiful (and so does dad for that matter). I can't wait to see/hear more from you all and especially J's reaction!!!
Love you guys sooo much!!!
So cute! Congrats! We are so happy for your little family.
I can't even imagine that longing your heart must have felt all those loooong hours you had to wait to see baby Nathanael. Torturous I'm sure!
But reunions are sweet, aren't they!
I think his hair is going to be blonde...at least for a while. Probably like Trevor's color later?
Post a Comment