2.03.2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

"To market, to market to buy a fat pig...
Home again, home again, jiggity jig."
~Mother Goose, or someone like her

So, I didn't go to the market or buy a fat pig--
I did fly standby (that's as adventurous as a market, right?)
& ate at Cafe Rio...(felt like a fat pig afterwards)
...after a whirlwind weekend, I am home again, thus the jiggity jig!

The mountains, oh the mountains!

I always love to gaze at the mountains when I visit UT--they are so majestic and stalwart. Steadily holding their place in time--whispering calming words of comfort and familiarity--they are like big rocky HUGS just waiting for my return. I was talking with my brothers & their wives and made the comment "you can leave Provo, but Provo never leaves you."

It's true.

And I never had the "I have to get out of here" itch before I left, so I always have a great time visiting... a kaleidescope of memories flashing in my mind as I drive around.

This weekend was not about my living-in-UT memories, though...it was about honoring, celebrating, and paying tribute to Grandpa Jackson. I am so grateful that I was able to make it out there (special thanks to Uncle Morgan for the standby tickets!) to spend time with my family, cousins, aunts, uncles, and many others who loved Grandpa.

The funeral was beautiful--shared memories of Grandpa's life from his children, and tender testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here are the people whose lives were most influenced by Grandpa~his kids:

Morgan, Le, Harold, Bonnie, Jim, & Andrew (my Dad)
I didn't take many pictures during the visit...instead I enjoyed the sacred moments of shared memories and family time. It was wonderful. So many cousins, so little time--but it was fabulous to be with everyone.

Grandpa & Grandma have left a beautiful legacy...I hope I can honor them throughout my life.


**Special thanks to Morgan for the tickets, Rilla for the place to crash & party, Mom for tucking me in at night, Lindsay S for the 'home away from home' & down time, Kendra W for the afternoon visit, all of my amazing cousins, siblings, & in-laws for hanging out with me even though I was blowing my nose every other second, my friends Leesa G, Amy B, & Charity G for watching J on the days Trevor had to be at his office, & Trevor for being a "single Dad" for 5 days & being AMAZING.**

I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Those are great pictures though. I didn't take hardly any either. I felt bad you were so sick, but very grateful that you could come. We missed you Trevor and Jackson, but since Jackson was sick, well...

We will never have a time together like that...so wonderful so many could come! AND YES, THANK YOU MORGAN!

It's Me - Jen E! said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful celebration of your Grandpa's life! Hope you are feeling better (and Jackson, too!)