11.29.2009

Out & About

OUT & ABOUT #1: BLACK FRIDAY

Ok, so that clock signage in this photo? Says 8:30?
Think again. It was earlier than that.
Earlier than anyone should ever be rushing into a store.
5am.
I stood in line outside (29 degrees, felt like 21 according to the weather people)
for about 30-40 minutes
but my friend was there since 3:50-ish.

I said "it doesn't feel that bad out here"
She replied "Um...it's a little cold, actually. I have been standing in line for an hour & I can't feel my feet."

Once inside there were store employees lining the way saying "slow down!" & "no running!"; we felt like we were in grade school again!

It was crazy, but fun. I got my free Target bag & a few more random deals...& then we hopped into 3 more stores before calling it a full pre-sunrise morning!

OUT & ABOUT #2: ADVICE FROM A CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT

Just sayin'.

OUT & ABOUT #3: DOWNTOWN SHOPS

Our favorite chocolate shop for 1 truffle per visit (cuz they're pricey!) & our favorite book store with stuffed animals & such...notice the pure glee on J's face while cuddling with that fox!!

OUT & ABOUT #4: DOWNTOWN WALK

J was perfectly cozy in his *NEW* Tigger jacket (special thanks to NANA!)--we had fun enjoying the afternoon outside, walking off some of those Thanksgiving desserts...

OUT & ABOUT #5: FESTIVAL OF TREES

The trees, lights, & creative holiday displays were gorgeous! It was fun to walk around & feel the energy of the Christmas holiday. J was most excited about the free cookie at the end...

2 comments:

It's Me - Jen E! said...

I know a few people that could use that friendly reminder on the tree ornament - that is classic!

LMS said...

Why don't we live closer? Why don't we get to do all these fun holiday things together for once?